Newsletter 23rd March
Dear Parents and Carers,
Well that was a very busy final full week of the spring term, only 3 days next week and we can all look forward to a restful Easter break with our families. Spring is a time for new beginnings and the children have tried many new challenges this term connected with one of the school's values: Resilience; Respect; Responsibility; Curiosity; Aspiration and Believe. Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to share examples of your child's experiences outside of school using the VLE or Tapestry and please keep sharing during the summer term.
SPORT RELIEF 2018
Thank you to all the children (and staff!!) for coming into school on Friday dressed in their sporting clothing ready to participate in the Sport Relief 2018 1 mile challenge. Thanks to Premier Sport who helped the class teams get all of our school children round the school field 11 times!! They were very impressed with the children's resilience to keep going. The nursery children all took part in a 'mile' challenge guided by Mrs Boyce and our fabulous nursery team and very much enjoyed the experience too. It's not too late to bring in your sponsor form and money, Mrs Wells will be taking all our contrbutions to the bank on the last day of term, so if you haven't done so already please bring in yours next week. We will let you know how much we raised altogether after the Easter holidays.
Friends of Nightingale
The Friends held their Easter disco on Thursday 22nd March, thanks to them for all their hard work. The event was very well attended and the children all seemed to be having a wonderful time. Please remember that the school office doesn't get involved with the administration of these events so all your queries should be directed to the Friends, via their facebook page wherever possible.Finally, don't forget the Friends Easter tombola which is taking place along with a Cake Sale on Wednesday 28th March between 3:00 pm and 4.30 pm. Thank you for all your donations for this event so far.
In our celebration assembly this week Ethan and Kyra C from Year One and Riley B and Daisy C from Year Two enjoyed a scrumptious hot chocolate. After Easter we will be welcoming the Reception classes to our celebration assembly so keep an eye on the newsletter to see which children from Wren and Robin classes will be the first to get a hot chocolate (or suitable alternative) treat.
Easter Lunch - Wednesday 28th March
There will be a change to the advertised menu on this day to celebrate Easter and we have attached the menu to this newsletter. Please order your child's lunch in the usual way ensuring you have done so by 9.00 am. The kitchen will be providing the usual jacket potatoes and pick 'n' mix lunches on this day and any child with allergies can have the Easter lunch, the kitchen can ensure all elements meet your child's needs.
After School and Lunch Clubs
Thank you to all of you for getting in touch with your child's ideas for after school or lunch time clubs. We will publish details of the clubs and how to get involved during the first week of the summer term - so watch this space!
Tesco Bags of Help Scheme
Don't forget to pick up a blue token whenever you shop at Tesco in Drayton and pop it into the Nightingale slot. As I'm sure you have noticed, the store is also supporting bids from Ghost Hill and Drayton Infant School for much needed equipment also, so get collecting those blue tokens and vote for our school.
Next week Year One and Year Two are both holding our popular Grande Finales, Year One will be celebrating the end of their Toys topic on Tuesday 27th March between 9:00 and 10:00 am and the Year Two classes their Great Fire of London topic on Tuesday 27th March between 2:00 and 3:00 pm. Please would all parents enter the school through the main reception, signing in on a visitor sheet and leaving their mobile phones in the lockers provided. We would be really grateful if you would fill in a feedback form at the end as we use feedback to refine future events.
- Don't forget to check the school calendar for details of all the events for the upcoming weeks. Please use the following link to have a look, as always we welcome any feedback. http://www.nightingale.norfolk.sch.uk/parents/calendar
- If you haven't filled in an orange password form an orange form was sent home with your child on Friday, please return this to school before the Easter break. If you, or whoever regularly collects your child from school, isn't collecting please give the adult who is collecting your child the password. There is no need to contact the school with any last minute changes or let us know about play dates. Obviously, if the class team had any concerns about releasing your child to an adult who did have the correct password we would always get in touch with you before releasing your child.
- If you have any problems accessing Tapestry please pop and see Mrs Boyce who can sort it out for you very easily. If you don't collect/drop off your child please give the nursery team a call and they can help you over the phone.
- Please can you ensure that your children (including those who don't attend our school) don't use the outdoor play equipment before or after school.
- Please remember we have a no phone/photo poilcy in school.
This week the whole school attendance was 96.63%. Woodpecker Class won the attendance award again this week with update 99.67%. Well done! Our school attendance target is 96%, this week we achieved almost 97% so well done everyone.
We wish you an enjoyable Easter and look forward to welcoming all the children back in school on Monday 16th April and our new nursery children from Tuesday 17th April.
Claire Hart, Jennifer Malone-Johnstone and Elaine Shepherd