Autumn is here
The weather has changed this week, in time for the start of Autumn. I’m hoping we haven’t seen the last of the warm sunny days, but there is a chill in the air and damp on the ground, in the mornings. Please ensure that your child brings a coat to school every day.
MacMillan Coffee Morning
We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for their attendance and generosity at our recent Macmillan ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Together we have helped Macmillan nurses to give medical, practical and emotional support to more people living with cancer.
Arriving at School
• School starts at 9:00 am. Please make sure that your child is ready to learn and in school on time every day. Please help us to keep your child safe by supervising your child until 9:00 am when the doors open.
• On rainy days, you will be pleased to know that we will open the doors a little earlier at 8:50 am.
• If you need to come into school, please remember to sign in at the office and receive a visitor's badge.
Robin & Wren Classes
To enable Reception children to settle quickly and start the day in a positive way, please could you support us by dropping your children off at the classroom door and leave promptly. Thank you for your cooperation in this.
• Please be aware that scooters and bicycles are not allowed on the playground for obvious reasons.
• Please drive and park your car safely and with respect for our neighbours. This is a busy area and we must all work in partnership with each other to keep each other safe at all times.
• Please remember we do not allow usage of mobile phones whilst on the school site. If you are coming into the school building, can you please place your phones in the lockers provided in the reception area.
Joining Mr Coy for Hot Chocolate (or appropriate alternative) this week for displaying our core values of Aspiration were:
Kaya from Dove Class
Amelia from Owl Class
Hunter from Goldfinches
Mia from Woodpeckers
Community Achievers this week are:
Harry from Goldfinch class for swimming
Connor from Dove class kickboxing
Alice from Owl class for swimming
Best Class Attendance this week is Woodpeckers with 98%.
Safeguarding at Nightingale
At Nightingale, all staff have a responsibility to safeguard children and adults. If you ever have a concern about a child or a member of staff then please contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs Hart, Mr Coy, Mrs Boyce and Mrs Thurston. You can also ring Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 if you have a concern about a child outside school.
Autumn Term Dates:
Mon 25th Sept: Y2 Swimming Starts
Week beginning 16th Oct: Parents’ Evening
Tues 17th Oct: Y1 Grande Finale
Thu 19th Oct: Y2 Grande Finale
Thu 19th Oct: Halloween cake sale and
Fri 20th Oct: First day of Half Term holiday
Mon 30th Oct: Start of Term 2
Wed Nov 1st Nov: Y1 Big Share
Fri Nov 3rd: Y2 Big Share
November 10th: Quiz and Chips
Wed Dec 20th: First day of the Christmas holiday
Thur Jan 4th 2018: Start of the Spring term
Please note that the Reception Year Big Share and Grande Finales will start the week commencing 22nd January 2018.
Don't forget: Parent Consultations in the week beginning 16th October.